WHOLESALE MANAGER | SAN MARCOS
Son of a Sailor is looking for a new addition to our San Marcos team!
We are looking for the right person to bring on to the Son of a Sailor team in a Wholesale Management facility. The Wholesale Manager is a key position within our company, and we are on the hunt for the right fit!
Son of a Sailor produces a line of handmade accessories and goods, and we sell these items direct to shops around the country and around the world. In short, the Wholesale Manager is in charge of fostering the relationships between Son of a Sailor and our wholesale accounts. Providing ongoing communication, promoting sales, processing orders, invoicing and following up with payment, and customer follow-up are key parts of this job.
More specifically, this position is responsible for:
- Marketing and outreach efforts; generating new leads, communicating about new products, and fostering sales via email and other social media
- Maintaining ongoing communication with our current and new stockists; keeping information organized, troubleshooting questions and issues, and keeping our customers happy and informed
- The Wholesale Manager is the point person for our West Coast rep group, working directly to process orders coming in from their reps
- Working directly with our Production Manager to gauge turnaround times and shipping dates, as well as high-volume order management
- Working directly with our Fulfillment Coordinator to successfully ship all outgoing wholesale orders, often on a large scale
- Completing intricate spreadsheets and product information forms for larger-scale clients, as well as keeping all of our records up to date with those clients
- Helping to facilitate the launch of new collections twice a year or more via printed materials and our website
- Responsible for maintaining updated collection information on our website and line sheet
The right candidate for the job must have:
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Great customer service and communication skills
- Great attention to detail and sensitivity to deadlines
- The ability to multitask and high-level organizational skills
- A good attitude and great sense of humor!
Additional skills that we would be interested in:
- Understanding of wholesale and retail sales
- A knowledge base of boutique shops and stores that carry handmade goods
- Experience working and/or attending handmade markets, craft fairs, jewelry shows, trade shows, etc.
- Familiarity with Son of a Sailor and our products
- Flexibility and cool under pressure
Knowledge and experience in the following applications a huge plus:
- Google Drive
- Adobe Creative Suite
This is a part-time to full-time position (25-40 hours per week) with an hourly pay of $12-14 per hour, plus benefits, commensurate with experience. Hours will be within a Monday-Friday schedule. This job is for a position working at Son of a Sailor's new facility in San Marcos, Texas.
Interested candidates should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the subject line "Wholesale Manager Application" and includes a .pdf of your resume and cover letter. Submissions without this subject line or alternative formats of resume and cover letter will be dismissed.