RETAIL ASSISTANT | SAN MARCOS
Son of a Sailor is looking for a new addition to our team!
We are looking for the right person to bring on to the Son of a Sailor team as a Retail Assistant for our San Marcos storefront.
Retail Assistants work alongside the Store Manager and other SOS employees to achieve our overarching goals:
- To provide excellent customer service and treat people with respect and kindness
- To represent Son of a Sailor's brand and merchandise with integrity and pride
- To educate our buyers about what makes our products (and the brands that we carry) unique
- To meet sales goals and drive the success of the business overall
Primary responsibilities include:
- Opening and closing the storefront, and manning the shop during scheduled business hours
- Maintaining the overall cleanliness of the shop on a daily basis
- Greeting and assisting customers that come into the store, checking them out and packaging their purchases appropriately
- Merchandising and inventorying all product, accepting and processing new shipments
- Working with the Store Manager to keep displays fresh and updated, as new merchandise moves in and out
- Assisting in keeping the website updated and accurate, including listings, inventory, and marketing efforts
- Assisting in updating social media platforms
- Working with the Store Manager to schedule extended hours in conjunction with special events going on in the area and ensuring those events are staffed
- Working with our POS to ensure accuracy in cash drawers and inventory
The right candidate for the job must have:
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Great customer service, sales, and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of current trends and related brands/stores
- A good attitude and great sense of humor!
Additional skills that we would be interested in:
- Interest in merchandising and display trends
- A knowledge base of boutique shops and stores that carry handmade goods
- Marketing and sales expertise
- Deeper knowledge of social media platforms such as Instagram
Knowledge and experience in the following applications a huge plus:
- Adobe Creative Suite
This is a part-time position (20-25 hours per week) begins at $9-11 per hour, plus benefits, commensurate with experience. Weekends are mandatory for this position.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line "Retail Assistant Position." Please note that submissions that fail to send both a resume and cover letter with the requested subject line will immediately be disregarded.