RETAIL ASSISTANT | SAN MARCOS
Son of a Sailor is looking for a new addition to our team!
We are looking for the right person to bring on to the Son of a Sailor team as a Retail Assistant. This person will cover the San Marcos storefront on weekends, work at the Austin storefront on a limited basis, and work special events as needed.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Opening and closing the storefront, and manning the shop during scheduled business hours
- Maintaining the overall cleanliness of the shop on a daily basis
- Greeting and assisting customers that come into the store, checking them out and packaging their purchases appropriately
- Assisting in keeping inventory of merchandise and keeping the storefront fully merchandised
- Working with the Store Manager to keep displays fresh and updated, as new merchandise moves in and out
- Assisting in keeping the website updated and accurate, including listings, inventory, and marketing efforts
- Assisting in updating social media platforms
- Working with the Store Manager to schedule extended hours in conjunction with special events going on in the area and ensuring those events are staffed
- Working with our POS to ensure accuracy in cash drawers and inventory
The right candidate for the job must have:
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Great customer service, sales, and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of current trends and related brands/stores
- A good attitude and great sense of humor!
Additional skills that we would be interested in:
- Interest in merchandising and display trends
- A knowledge base of boutique shops and stores that carry handmade goods
- Marketing and sales expertise
- Deeper knowledge of social media platforms such as Instagram
Knowledge and experience in the following applications a huge plus:
- Adobe Creative Suite
This is a part-time position (15-20 hours per week) begins at $10 per hour, plus benefits.
Interested candidates should complete the application below: