RETAIL ASSISTANT | AUSTIN
Son of a Sailor is looking for a new addition to our Austin team!
We are looking for the right person to bring on to the Son of a Sailor team as a Retail Assistant for our Austin Storefront.
Son of a Sailor is moving our production facility to San Marcos, which means we are expanding our Austin Storefront. While we will still feature a small amount of production in the Austin space, we will be focusing largely on retail and the boutique storefront that we've built. We are looking for a Retail Assistant to assist our Store Manager in running the storefront.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Opening and closing the storefront, and manning the shop during scheduled business hours
- Maintaining the overall cleanliness of the shop on a daily basis
- Greeting and assisting customers that come into the store, checking them out and packaging their purchases appropriately
- Assisting in keeping inventory of merchandise and keeping the storefront fully merchandised
- Working with the Store Manager to keep displays fresh and updated, as new merchandise moves in and out
- Assisting in keeping the website updated and accurate, including listings, inventory, and marketing efforts
- Assisting in updating social media platforms
- Working with the Store Manager to schedule extended hours in conjunction with special events going on in the area and ensuring those events are staffed
- Working with our POS to ensure accuracy in cash drawers and inventory
The right candidate for the job must have:
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Great customer service, sales, and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of current trends and related brands/stores
- A good attitude and great sense of humor!
Additional skills that we would be interested in:
- Interest in merchandising and display trends
- A knowledge base of boutique shops and stores that carry handmade goods
- Marketing and sales expertise
- Deeper knowledge of social media platforms such as Instagram
Knowledge and experience in the following applications a huge plus:
- Adobe Creative Suite
This is a part-time position (20-30 hours per week) begins at $12 per hour, plus benefits. This job is for a position working at Son of a Sailor's Storefront in Austin, Texas.
Interested candidates should send an email to email@example.com that includes the subject line "Retail Assistant Application" and includes a .pdf of your resume and cover letter. Submissions without this subject line or alternative formats of resume and cover letter will be dismissed.