PRODUCTION ASSISTANT | SAN MARCOS
Son of a Sailor is looking for a new addition to our San Marcos team! We are seeking Production Assistants to aid us in the production of our line of handmade accessories. Our line includes handmade jewelry, leather goods, woodworking, and painted items, with a full array of materials and processes. Experience in any of these categories is a huge plus, but not required.
The right candidate must be highly detail oriented, efficient, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for reliable and responsible people that can have a good time at work without sacrificing efficiency.
- Prepping leather
- Sanding and finishing wood
- Grinding and finishing metal
- Waxing and lacquering surfaces
- Working with the Production Manager to keep average times, and improve efficiency wherever possible
- Utilizing our online project management software to manage your tasks with the Production Manager
- Ensuring your supplies are stocked, and helping the Production Manager to order more supplies when necessary
Specific requirements for the position include:
- Experience as a Production Assistant in a relevant category a huge plus
- General experience as an amateur crafter/maker a plus
- Organized, detail oriented and able to QC your own work
- Responsible, reliable, and works well with others
- A good attitude and great sense of humor!
This position begins at 15-25 hours per week, with the intention of growing. Hours will be within a Monday-Friday schedule. Hourly pay is $9-11 per hour, plus benefits, commensurate with experience. This job is for a position working at Son of a Sailor's new facility in San Marcos, Texas.
Interested candidates should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the subject line "Production Assistant Application" and includes a .pdf of your resume and cover letter. Submissions without this subject line or alternative formats of resume and cover letter will be dismissed.