Son of a Sailor is looking for a new addition to our team!
We are looking for the right person to bring on to the Son of a Sailor team in a Production Management facility. The Production Manager is a key position within our company, and we are on the hunt for the right fit!
In short, the Production Manager is in charge of overseeing a team of 3-5 production assistants in the creation of our handmade items, planning the day-to-day tasks of each assistant, ensuring proper production to meet our retail and wholesale needs, and ordering supplies with which to produce all of our inventory.
Specifically, this position includes, but is not limited to:
- Creating & managing the weekly production schedule
- Assisting in production of all items
- Ensuring production and shipment deadlines are met
- Maintaining retail inventory of items
- Planning inventory for events and holiday seasons
- Training & supervision of 3-5 production assistants and interns
- Quality control of all items produced by production staff
- Maintaining & updating production manual
- Working directly with Wholesale Manager and Fulfillment Coordinator, as well as the owners
- Keeping updated spreadsheet of all materials and sources and maintaining proper inventory of parts
The right candidate for the job must have:
- 1-2 years of production experience or the equivalent
- Great attention to detail
- The ability to multitask and high-level organizational skills
- Knowledge of production workflow for handmade goods
- A good attitude and great sense of humor!
Additional skills that we would be interested in:
- Understanding of wholesale and retail sales
- A knowledge base of boutique shops and stores that carry handmade goods
- Experience working and/or attending handmade markets, craft fairs, jewelry shows, trade shows, etc.
- Familiarity with Son of a Sailor and our products
- Flexibility and cool under pressure
- Experience with inventory systems
Knowledge and experience in the following applications a huge plus:
- Capsule CRM
- Google Drive
- Adobe Creative Suite
This is a part-time to full-time position (25-40 hours per week) with an hourly pay of $12-15 per hour commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should send an email to email@example.com that includes the subject line "Production Manager Application" and includes a .pdf of your resume and cover letter. Submissions without this subject line or alternative formats of resume and cover letter will be dismissed.